Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New CD Day! Lunarin [Duae] & Rudra [Brahmavidya: Transcendental I]

 

Bought my copy of Lunarin’s 2nd album Duae & Rudra’s 5th album Brahmavidya: Transcendental I from Gramophone yesterday.

lunarin-front

Lunarin recorded Duae on their own from their home studio By The Woods, drum tracks recorded at Jurong West Street 65 (as stated in the booklet).

The album contains 12 songs.

I love their style of New Wave Metal, my favorite track Serpentine (Track 08) starts out sounding very much like something TOOL would play with the filtered vocals..but I must admit Linda Ong (Voice/Bass) sounds rather “whiney”on a few tracks.

lunarin-back

  lunarin-disc

There is a Thank You note enclosed in the CD which looks like it’s physically signed by the 3 members of the band.

  lunarin-note0

 lunarin-note

 

 

rudra-front

Rudra’s Brahmavidya: Transcendental I  was recorded at Blackisle studios.

The album contains 14 songs.

Rudra has been around for 18-years since 1992, lineup for this album consists of:

{ Kathir (Voice/Bass), Shiva (Drums), Devan (Guitars), Selvam (Guitars) }

My favorite track in the album is Advaitamrta (Track 06)

I usually do not listen to a Rudra album from start to finish, I cant listen to Blast-Beats for too long as it is too noisy (LOL), strangely it feels great to play along to Blast-Beats during jamming at the studio maybe it’s the energy..?

rudra-back

 rudra-disc

No comments: