Friday, March 27, 2009

Jimmy Chamberlain leaves the Pumpkins..

bc-jc

From Chamberlain’s blog:

"By now you have heard the news of my departure from the Smashing Pumpkins. I will say, without going into any unnecessary details that this represents a positive move forward for me. I can no longer commit all of my energy into something that I don't fully possess. I won't pretend I'm into something I'm not. I won't do it to myself, you the fan, or my former partner. I can't just, 'Cash the check' so to speak.

"My best goes out to Billy and I'm glad he has chosen to continue under the name. It is his right. Music is my life. It is sacred. It deserves the highest commitment at every level and the Pumpkins are certainly no different. I'm sorry but it really IS that simple. There is no drama, bad blood, or anything else but a full commitment to music."

This is certainly a great loss, for me Chamberlain is the 2nd most influential member in the Pumpkins after Corgan, and he remains one of my favorite rock drummers of all-time.

Is Corgan goin’ to return to using drum-machines again??

i hope not…

 

No comments: